Skip to main content

An 18-year-old boy was recently arrested by the Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos state police command for phone snatching. According to reports, the 18-year-old boy identified as Sadeeq Wasiu, is a serial phone snatcher who carried out his 'trade' around Oshodi.

Sadeeq who has been imprisoned seven
times for the same crime, was recently
arrested after being on the police's wanted
list for phone thefts and bag snatching.
Sadeeq popularly called 'Omo Eiye' in Oshodi,
was reportedly caught at Oshodi under
bridge after he had snatched an Infinix Note
3 from a student.
While speaking to interrogators, Sadeeq who
was released from the Potoki prison,
Badagry, in January, 2017, said he ran away
from his village in Ikire, Osun state, at 15-
years-old.
“I was 15 years when I came to Lagos to work
as a conductor in 2014. My parents were not
aware I am in Lagos. My popular name is
Eyie. I steal phones from people at Oshodi. We
were three in my group; Ahmed alias Oyi,
Tombolo and I. We have stolen more than 45
phones as a group and I have stolen countless
number of phones individually.
I used to sell the phones at Idi-Oro, Mushin. I
sell the phone according to their make. I sell
some N10,000.00 and N8,000.00. I have gone
to jail seven times . I sell Indian Hemp too. I
buy it from Spider in Lagos Island and I resell
in small raps to over 50 of my colleagues in
Oshodi. I can buy N4,000.00 and break into
small wraps and sell for N8,000.00 ”
Sadeeq has been transferred to the Lagos
state taskforce in Oshodi for prosecution.

Comments

What's Trending..

President Buhari applauds Nigerians for prayers

President Muhammadu Buhari thanked all Nigerians after his meeting with Senate President, Bukola Saraki and Speaker of the House of Representative, Yakubu Dogara. The duo had travelled to London to meet the president who is at Abuja House in the UK on Wednesday, February 15. The president extended his vacation citing medical reasons and the third and fourth most powerful men in the country paid him a visit.

Fight between Funke Akindele and IG user over girl’s ‘sexy’ viral photos

Actress and producer, Funke Akindele Bello made a comment hailing this viral photo, but an IG user wasn’t having it. See their comments below…

Nigerian Students Condemn Osun Tertiary Institution For Commencing Online Study.

The students also condemned some institutions for closing their online portal for payment of school fees, an act that could lead to extension of academic years of some students. In a statement jointly signed by Comrade Agbogunleri Seun Michael (Gandhi), Chairman, NANS JCC Osun Axis; Comrade Ogunsakin Oluwafemi Sunday, Secretary General, NANS JCC Osun Axis; Comrade Raji Keji (Paracetamol), Public Relations Officer, NANS JCC Osun Axis; the students described the acts by the tertiary institutions as “inhumane and inconsiderate”.  fees not minding that many students could not afford to pay now.  “The institution, in reckless display of insensitivity to the plight of students, parents and guardians and in furtherance of its callous and despotic policies, also kick-started e-learning for the negligible few ones who are lucky to have paid and affirming they will go ahead with online e-examination.  “Also in our findings, we are made to understand that  Osun State University is not alone in th