Skip to main content

Plateau Deputy Speaker impeached

By Marie-Therese Nanlong.
Jos – The Plateau State House of Assembly has
impeached its Deputy Speaker, Hon. Yusuf Gagdi by
voice votes.
Gagdi who represents Kantana Constituency of Kanam
local government area was elected on the platform of
the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP but he recently
decamped to the All Progressives Party, APC to allegedly
avoid impeachment by the APC-controlled Assembly
members, an allegation he denied saying he decamped
because members of his constituency wanted him to do
so.
The House Members accused Gagdi of being autocratic
and non-inclusive in his style of leadership saying they
have lost confidence in him and shortly after his
impeachment, Hon. Sale Yipmong representing Dengi
constituency of Kanam local government area was
announced as his successor.
Recently, Gagdi has been fighting his political battles
from all fronts as some members of his constituency
had accused him of “talking too much about things he
has little knowledge about” as the former Deputy
Speaker was said to have claimed that Boko Haram
members were sighted in his constituency after a
Divisional Police State in the area was attacked and
seven rifles carted away.
18 out of the 24 Members of the House were said to
have signed a drafted document where the Members
passed a vote of no confidence on Gagdi as read by the
Majority Leader of the House, Hon. Henry Yunkwap and
the impeached Deputy Speaker said he saw it coming,
noting, “If say I did not see it coming, it means I am not
a politician. From the day I was elected, I knew that I
would be hunted anytime any moment, after all when I
entered the House of Assembly, I didn’t envisage that I
am going to be the Deputy Speaker, in that circumstance
I have it at the back of my mind that I can be removed
at any time.”
Hon. Yunkwap later told journalists, “It is constitutional if
members said, they are passing vote of no confidence
and they have approached me with a document that they
have passed vote of no confidence, and it encompasses
a lot of issues. There are so many things, we just don’t
want to open up.”
Gagdi however stated that he holds no grudge against
any one, the action being the decision of the House and
“the good about it is that there was no good reason
attached to the removal and I believe in destiny.”

Comments

What's Trending..

TEANAIJA RIDDLE TIME!!

Hello Friends, What Is The Answer To The Below Riddle. Comment ASAP!

Kenyans still STUNNED after seeing KSH 18 MILLION IN BAGS after drug barons were arrested (photos)

Five drug baron suspects, including a female law student who is said to be a girlfriend of one of the two Seychellois deported on Saturday, were arrested after an operation in Mombasa and Kilifi counties - They were carrying the money in suitcases - Four vehicles belonging to the suspects are also being detained for further investigations Over KSh 18 million (About N54m) in cash and 17 kilogrammes of drugs worth KSh 170 million (N517m) have been nabbed after Police arrested five more suspected drug barons on Sunday 12, February. The five suspects, including a female law student who is said to be was a girlfriend of one of the two Seychellois deported on Saturday, were arrested after an operation in Mombasa and Kilifi counties. They were carrying the money in suitcases. "Two of the suspects were arrested with two kilogrammes of the drugs while the others were seized with 15 kilos of the drugs which was being hidden at a house in Bamburi for local distribu...

Five Yahoo Yahoo LAUTECH Students Handed Over To EFCC | PHOTO

The Ibadan Zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Monday, 20th March, 2017 took over five suspected internet fraudsters arrested by men of the Oyo State Joint Security Task Force, ‘Operation Burst’ for further investigation. The suspects, which includes Oyewole Oyeleye Olatunji (28), Adeniran Adeyinka Yusuf (29), Samuel Olumide Adeola (29), Israel Adeola (24) and Olorunyemi Savior Imonah (24) were arrested March 13, 2017 during a routine surveillance at Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Ogbomosho. They were thereafter interrogated at the Operation Burst headquarters, Agodi where they confessed to have defrauded some American women through various romance scam using different dating sites. They also confessed to have obtained different sums from their victims. At the point of arrest, four HP Laptops, three Nokia phones, four I phones, one Infinix Hot Note Phone, a Flash Drive and four Military camouflage T-shirts were rec...